It’s that time of year when the air is cooler and the days are shorter, even in Hawaii. With the holidays quickly approaching, a lot of us are trying to find ways to spruce up our home for the entertaining we will be doing in the upcoming months.
Changing the look of your home is so easy and doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are 5 simple things you can do today to prep your home for the holidays.
1. Add a few simple accessories in every room. Accent pillows offer a quick change for your room that is fast and inexpensive. Tie bows of shimmery ribbons to jazz up exisiting pillows. This season gives us such a beautiful palette to work with. Concentrate on colors such as orange, bronze, and browns that really warm a room.
2. Buy a few small pumpkins for your coffee table or place a basket of ruby red apples for your family and guests to enjoy. Again color plays a big role to accent the holidays. Uncarved pumpkins will last through Thanksgiving if they’re not in direct heat.
3. Scented candles of cinnamon and vanilla add the perfect touch to any room.
4. The easiest place to add big impact to your home is your entry. A welcoming wreath in the foyer or a cornucopia of Indian corn on the doorway offer guests just a taste of the season before they ring the doorbell.
5. Never underestimate the power of flowers! Planters with marigolds and chrysanthemums are inexpensive, easy to find, and go a long way in setting the stage.
In the season of giving, give your home a quick makeover and transform it into a welcoming and inviting place for the holidays.
Contributed by Christine Bongiorno-Grabau, Home Furnishing Consultant at HomeWorld Furniture Honolulu.
Made with love
Good Nights for Great Tomorrows